Bathrooms are a very important room in the house, most of us like to spend a good amount of time there, so its wise to have a check of the ventilation system to make sure that its functioning properly, thus improving your bathroom experience.
If your not sure if your ventilation system is working properly, keep your eye out for these indications:
- Is mold starting to appear on the ceilings and walls of the bathroom?
- Does it feel very humid in there?
- Do you notice a lot of condensation?
- Are you seeing stains on the walls etc.?
- What about metal fixtures? are they starting to corrode?
If you are noticing any of these things, you may want to get your fan inspected. One of the biggest reasons it might not be working properly is that the duct might not reach to the outside of the home, so this is a good thing to check.
A simple thing that can be done is to regularly clean the fan as dirt and dust accumulate frequently.
If you feel that your bathroom is not ventilated properly, please call us for more advice. We would be happy to help.